Just like makeup, a well-groomed hairstyle is the other important element to style that any woman needs to consider when adding finishing touches to an outfit. Even if you have a great figure and fabulous clothes, out-dated or poorly groomed hair can completely take away from your hard-earned style.
One part of your beauty routine that is worth spending money on is your haircut and colour. Sure, hair always does grow back so $80 might seem like a lot of money to spend on something that will need to be done again in six weeks time, but think about it: this is the very first thing people see when they look at you. It completely affects how you look – even more than anything you might wear, and you will see it every time you look at yourself in the mirror. So if anything is worth getting done, surely this is it!
Did you know the length and width of your neck would have a bearing on how long you can wear your hair? The choice of best hairstyle comes down to your hair type, face shape, neck length and age. With all of that in mind we can show you how to achieve a sophisticated, elegant and groomed look for your hair. Your hair is your crowning glory and we are here to help to make the most of it!
Your hair condition, face shape and features, lifestyle, profession, and personal preferences will be all taken into consideration during our Style Makeover Sydney consultations, as part of the overall style transformation.
Here are just a few quick tips to well-groomed hair:
- Keep your hair colour a shade or two lighter/darker (whichever you prefer) than your natural colour. The further you go from your normal colour the more unnatural and OTT your hair will look (unless, of course, you go for that specific image)
- Choose the hair length depending on your hair structure. Long thin hair doesn’t look the same as luxurious thick and bouncy glowing locks, so be mindful, as you don’t want to end up looking like you have hair deficiency. For thin hair, it is best to opt for a shorter hairstyle that suits your face shape, as it’s easier to style and create an illusion of volume.
- If your hair is straight, like mine, it can have a tendency to go a little flat. So I often apply some volumizing spray onto the roots to give it a lift. To lift it even more, comb it with a wide-toothed comb (best used on wet hair) and then finish off with a good blast under the hairdryer.
- Layers, in moderation also can give some volume to flat hair. Although too many layers can make thin hair looking even thinner, so it is a fine balance between getting it right or wrong.
- Maintain a good haircut, free of split ends, at all times for a groomed look.
- Ensure there is no left overs of old perm at the ends of your hair, as nothing looks more unpleasant than hair that is unintentionally straight at the roots and curly at the ends, looking like it’s left from an old perm, which appears limp, dry, and different in colour. Not a good look…
- Keep your hair tidy, especially on bad hair days. There are plenty of ways to do it by simply twisting it up into a ponytail, applying side parting or a sleek back hairstyle.
- Avoid using too many products that can make your hair look stiff. Just remember that looser (but still tidy) hair is sexier, and that having horrible ‘helmet’ hair can make a person look like an old librarian.
Stay tuned for more hair tips on our future blogs.
Have a great week! Xx